Dear 20 year old me,
As i stand here today, looking back at you, i realize there are certain things i wish i could tell you. Time Travel seems so pertinent and essential. Seasons have changed, years passed by , unravelling a lot of things. I really wish i could come back to you and discuss the future , as it will unveil itself:
- People who are your world right now will turn strangers and the friend list will shrink to minimum. Don’t fret over them. You, in some years , will be least bothered about them and they about you.
- Take care of your health, you are not going to be the “EAT ANYTHING , I NEVER GET FAT” category down the line. Calories will mount and inches will increase, only to make you dread the weighing scale.
- Don’t worry about your career.. If not very great, you will be doing decent enough professionally.
- Travel girl travel.. it is going to be your next love after Books.
- Don’t quit writing.. it is THE thing that will provide you solace when you will need it most.
- Family, Friends, colleagues you name it and they are going to let you down, ditch you when you most need it. They are going to be really really nasty… Just held your head high, as you will eventually endure through it all and become a better version of yourself.
- Throw away those disgusting local brand jeans and misfit T shirts. you will be embarrassed by it all , in few years. 😉
- Learn to dance, cook, kick box or anything else for that matter, you are going to regret wasting time gossiping in hostel, when you actually could have learnt a new art form.
- Don’t lose your sleep over Money, you are going to have enough of it in some years. you can shop as much and whatever you want.
- Continue your trips to the orphanages, it will be one of the sweetest memory you will form, and you will cherish revisiting it.
Most important of all… LOVE YOURSELF , you are a good human being and will continue to be so..